About Me

We are the Jenkins family. Our home is filled with busy days, fun and lots of love! We have Carlie (5) and Garrett (4) plus Mom and Dad (30-something). We love summer days, vacation, bike rides and the Christmas season.

Friday, September 5, 2008

JACKSON OR BUST!!!!


Saturday is Cary my hubby's big bike race! LOTOJA! 206 miles of fun or so he says. He will join the 1000 mile club this year, which means that he has ridden the race 5 times (times 200 miles each time). We start in Logan and then onto Preston ID, Montpeiler ID and so on and so forth. He doesnt seem nervous, but for some reason I am nervous for him. I guess its because I have probably sacrificed as much as him to get ready for the race. I am what you call a bike widow. He goes anyware from 50 to 150 miles every tues, thurs and sat without fail. So you can guess who's at home watching kids all the time - not that I mind it but, I'll be glad when the season ends tommorrow. Garrett my 4 year old boy was sad because he wants to race with daddy. Maybe in a few years buddy.

2 comments:

  1. I too am a widow (a scouting wife widow). Mines gone on a campout this weekend. I hope you guys have fun at the end of the race with your little vacation. GOOD luck again Cary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your race Cary! It sounded like it turned out to be a nice day. Lori, now that the season is over (somewhat) we can plan to go skiing/snowboarding and teach the little rug rats. ;)

    ReplyDelete